Nutritional Epidemiology RIS
Leadership Chair: Namanjeet "Naman" Ahluwalia, PhD, DSc, FACN, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (NCHS/NHANES)
Chair Elect: Niyati Parekh, PhD, RD, New York University
Past Chair: Lisa M. Troy, PhD, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Treasurer: Patricia M Guenther, PhD, RD, University of Utah
Student Representatives: Karim Bougma, MS, McGill University
Nour Makarem, MS, RD, New York University
Advisory Steering Committee: Regan Bailey, PhD, RD, National Institutes of Health, ODS; Katrarzyna "Kasia" Kordas, PhD, University of Bristol, UK; Joann M. McDermid, PhD, RD; Cornell University; Amy Millen, PhD, University of Buffalo; Nicholas J. Ollberding, PhD, Cincinnati Children's Hospital; Shivani Sahni, PhD, Harvard Medical School; Claire A. Zizza, PhD, RDN, Auburn University
Upcoming Meetings and Important Dates
- ICDAM is the International Conference on Diet and Activity Methods. In 2015 the 9th ICDAM conference will be held in Brisbane (Australia) from September 1st and will run through to September 3rd. Additional information on ICDAM9 can be found at: http://www.icdam9australia.com/
- Society for Epidemiologic Research (SER). This is a great
overall conference on Epi methods. They often have sessions with
a nutrition-relevant focus. The 2015 annual meeting will be held
from June 16-19 in Denver, Colorado.
- International Symposium on Nutritional Aspects of
Osteoporosis (ISNAO). This conference focuses on Nutritional
Epidemiology as it relates to osteoporosis. The 9th ISNAO meeting
is being and will be held June 17-20, 2015 in Montreal, Canada.
Further information is available at:
- For more information about ASN's Scientific Sessions and Annual Meeting at EB 2016 go to: http://scientificsessions.nutrition.org/
Mentoring tips from event at EB 2015 - coming soon!
- "Let's Get Started" mentoring tips from event at EB 2014 available here
- 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
The 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (DGAC) has reviewed the scientific evidence on diet, nutrition, and health for developing its report for the HHS and USDA Secretaries. The federal government will use the Committee's report as the scientific basis for developing the eighth edition of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA). The DGAC held a series of public meetings to develop its recommendations. Information about the DGAC, webcast recordings of public meetings, and other meeting materials are available at www.DietaryGuidelines.gov.