2016-17 SIG Executive Committee
Tracy Moreira-Lucas (14-18)
Mary Christoph (14-16)
Lindsey Smith-Taillie (13-17)
Kevin Klatt (15-17)
SIG Awards Chair
Sahar Ajabshir (15-17)
Social Media Chair
Lua Wilkinson (15-17)
Liaison to Student Representatives
Nicole Litwin (14-16)
Krizia Ferrini (15-17)
Mazen Hamadeh, PhD (15-18)
The Graduate Student Breakfast, hosted by the SIG and supported by the National Dairy Council, has been a popular feature of ASN's Annual Meeting at EB since 1994. At the breakfast, finalists for the SIG Travel Awards display posters and field questions from attendees. We are pleased to recognize past finalists and recipients of the award.
2016: Finalists: Colleen Parks, Austin Mudd, Bijaya Upadhyaya, Rebecca Campbell, Michael MacArthur and Nicholas Deputy.
Award Recipients: Nicholas Deputy, Colleen Parks and Michael MacArthur.
2014: Finalists: 1. Clare Berryman, Scott Baier, Blanche Ip, Xiaoran Liu, Benjamin Redan, Julia Sabet
Award Recipients: Clare Berryman, Xiaoran Liu and Julia Sabet.
2013: Finalists:Yen-Ming Chan,Clara Cho, Katryn Eske, Laural Kelly, Erin Lewis, Li Wang
Award Recipients: Erin Lewis, Erin Lewis and Li Wang
2012: Finalists: Laura Chiavaroli, Ruth Grossman, Stefanie Hinkle, Rebecca Replogle, Taylor Salinardi,and Xiaolie Shin
Award Recipients: Ruth Grossman, Stefanie Hinkle and Rebecca Replogle
2011: Finalists: Emily Arentson, Nick McCormick, Suzanne Devkota, Megan Dubentzky, Nan Huang, Lorien Urban
Award Recipient: Suzanne Devkota
2010:Finalists: Matt Bruss, John Clarke, Carrie Cucchi, Ann Skulas-ray, Anthony Thomas, Zhong-Ye
Award Recipient: Matt Bruss
2009: Finalists: Regan Bailey, Kyle Burger, Fumiaki Imamura, Erik Karlsson, Lamis Jomaa Rachel Murphy, Nicole Schwerbrock, Sibyl Swift, and Victoria Vieira
Award Recipient: Victoria Vieira
For more information about the SIG ravel Award and Poster Competition application, please visit the student awards section of our website.
The SIG organizes a symposium at ASN's Scientific Sessions at EB each year. Recent topics have included:
- 2016: Amid Controversy and Caveats: The Future of the Post-Doc
- 2013: Social Media and Mobile Technology for Education, Research and Practice in the Field of Nutrition
- 2012: A Nurturing Environment Produces Future Legends: Development of Career Through Successful Mentor/Mentee Relationships
- 2011: The Changing Face of Nutrition in the United States: How Nutrition Policy and Consumer Awareness are Changing the Practice of the Nutrition and Food Science
- 2010: Who is responsible for nutrition in the United States?: Understanding the role of government agencies and interagency collaboration in nutrition policy, promotion, education, and outreach
- 2009: Opportunities for the new graduate: Professional and entrepreneurial options for the M.S., Ph.D., and R.D
- 2008: Internships and Research-Abroad: Experiences of Graduate Students in Nutrition