The goals of this webinar are to familiarize the attendee with the following:
- Describe the major components - steps and possible missteps in conducting a meta-analysis
- Formulation of a research question and implications for criteria for study inclusion/exclusion
- Assessment of outcome(s)
- Analysis: effect size, homogeneity, adjusting for confounding, etc.
- Describe the key elements of performing a meta-analysis
- Describe the major threats to interpretation and extrapolation of these findings
- Differentiate between systematic review and a meta-analysis
CPE Credit Designation Statement
ASN designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 CPEUs. Dietitians and dietetic technicians, registered should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ASN (Provider #NS010) is accredited and approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a provider of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programs for Registered Dietitians.
Learning Level 2
*In order to receive CPE credit, you must participate in the survey, linked above.
Suggested Learning Codes:
3000: Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
9060: Research development and design
9070: Research instruments and techniques
“We recommend that all webinar attendees read the following article that will be discussed in the webinar:
Kwak SM et al. Efficacy of omega-3 fatty acid supplements (eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid) in the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Arch Intern Med2012;172(9):686-694."