To be inducted as a Fellow of the American Society for Nutrition is the highest honor that the Society bestows. Scientists who have had distinguished careers in the field of nutrition and are at least sixty-five years of age are eligible for nomination. Nominations may be made by any member of the Society.
New this year, all nominations must be submitted through ASN's online awards portal.
Nominations must include a letter of support and the candidate's curriculum vitae (CV). View ASN Fellows Letter of Support Guidelines.
The deadline for the ASN Class of 2017 Fellows nominations is September 30, 2016.
The ASN Class of 2016 Fellows
- George Fahey, PhD, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Janet Greger, PhD, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Jesse Gregory, PhD, University of Florida
- Guy Johnson, PhD, Johnson Nutrition Solutions
- Allen Levine, PhD, University of Minnesota
- Bernadette Marriott, PhD, Medical University of South Carolina
- Barry Shane, PhD, University of California, Berkeley
- Virginia Stallings, MD, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Robert Suskind, MD, California University of Science and Medicine
- Connie Weaver, PhD, Purdue University
To view past tribute videos presented at the Fellows, 50-Year Members and Past Presidents Luncheon, please visit the ASN YouTube Channel.
Have a question about the ASN Fellows program or nomination process? Please contact our offices by email (email@example.com) or telephone (240-428-3650).
Our awards program would not be possible without the support of generous donors and sponsors. If interested in partnering with us to fund or develop an award, please contact Gwen Twillman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-428-3642.